Blu-ray Портал SACD Портал DVD-Audio Портал DTS Портал DVD Портал DualDisc Портал
Многоканальная Музыка (Surround SACD & DVD-Audio)

Здравствуйте, гость ( Вход | Регистрация )

Купить диски можно в интернет-магазинах
 Forum Rules Правила раздела

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Древовидный · [ Стандартный ] · Линейный

> Messiaen / Previn "Turangalila-Symphonie", DVD-Audio

Оцените многоканальную запись:

10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 1 ] ** [100.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Всего голосов: 1
Гости не могут голосовать 
Подписка на тему | Сообщить другу | Версия для печати
Elephantus
post 8/08/2009, 19:19
Сообщение #1

Млекопитающее

Из: МО Курганье

Аудио диски:  552  / 273
Музыкальные DVD:  51  / 20

Messiaen / Previn "Turangalîla-Symphonie" DVD-Audio

Messiaen / Previn "Turangalila-Symphonie" , DVD-Audio

Genre: Classical – Orchestra

DVD-Audio:
DVD-Audio 48/24 4.0
DVD-Audio 48/24 2.0
Dolby Digital 4.0
LPCM 48/24 2.0

Screen 4:3
Format: DVD-10 2.97+2.42GB

MICHEL BÉROFF piano/Klavier
JEANNE LORIOD ondes martenot

LONDON SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA
conducted by/Dirigent/direction ANDRÉ PREVIN

OLIVIER MESSIAEN 1908-1992
TURANGALÎLA-SYMPHONIE
  1. Introduction 6.54
  2. Chant d'amour I 8.40
  3. Turangalîla I 5.39
  4. Chant d'amour II 11.34
  5. Joie du sang des étoiles 6.38
  6. Jardin du sommeil d'amour 12.29
  7. Turangalîla II 3.48
  8. Développement de l'amour 11.59
  9. Turangalîla III 5.19
  10. Final 7.11

Total time 80:16

Recorded/Aufgenommen/Enregistré 11-13.VII.1977, No.1 Studio, Abbey Road. London
Producer/Produzent/Directeur artistique: Christopher Bishop
Balance Engineer/Tonmeister/Ingénieur du son: Christopher Parker
Remastering and surround sound remix by Simon Gibson and Mike Cox at Abbey Road Studios

EMI Classics (7243 4 92398 9 0), 2001
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Elephantus
post 8/08/2009, 19:37
Сообщение #2

Млекопитающее

Из: МО Курганье

Аудио диски:  552  / 273
Музыкальные DVD:  51  / 20

Цитата( буклет )
Olivier Messiaen

Messiaen himself defined the three main influences in his life. "The foremost idea I wanted to express in music, the one that's the most important because it stands above everything else, is the existence of the truths of the Catholic faith. I have the good luck to be a Catholic; I was born a believer and it so happens that the Scriptures have always made a deep impression on me since childhood. A number of my works are therefore intended to illuminate the theological truths of the Catholic belief. That is the first aspect of my work, the noblest, probably the most useful, the most valid, and the only one perhaps that I shall not regret at the hour of my death. But I am a human being, and like all human beings I am sensitive to the human love which I have tried to express in three of my works through the intermediary of the greatest myth of human love, that of Tristram and Iseult. And finally, I admire Nature profoundly. I think that Nature surpasses us infinitely and I have always sought to draw lessons from it; by choice I have loved birds and so I've investigated birdsong in particular, I have studied ornithology. There is, in my music, this juxtaposition of the Catholic faith, of the Tristram and Iseult myth, and the extremely developed use of birdsong."

He was born at Avignon in 1908, his father a teacher of English and his mother a poetess who wrote under the name of Cécile Sauvage. The literary background is significant. While still pregnant with her child, Cécile Sauvage wrote a series of poems dedicated to the son she was carrying. Messiaen père won distinction for his translations of Shakespeare, whose plays enthralled the imagination of the eight-year-old Olivier. Above all the small boy loved Macbeth, especially for the witches and the ghost of Banquo. Puck and Ariel delighted him. And he never forgot the vision of King Lear, mad and terrible, defying the storm and the lightning.

The magic and mystery of Shakespeare made the same sort of appeal to him as the wonders of Catholicism. Nature he loved too, and he found music not only in birdsong but also in the waves of the sea, the torrents in the mountains, and in the noise of wind and water. He could recognize the song of fifty species of French bird. With the aid of binoculars and occasional reference to textbooks he could identify over five hundred others. On his travels in America, Japan and the Argentine he noted down thousands of examples. Each one is as individual, he said, as music heard at a concert, when you say to yourself: "That's Mozart! That's Debussy! That's Berlioz!" The result was works as rich and luscious as the Réveil des oiseaux and the Catalogue des oiseaux.

His first musical composition, written in 1916, was La Dame de Shalott after Tennyson. Two years later his harmony teacher gave him the score of Debussy's Pelléas et Mélisande. It was a revelation and determined him to become a composer. No less influential was Mozart's Don Giovanni. From 1919 to 1930 he studied at the Paris Conservatoire and worked under Paul Dukas who was one of his teachers there. Having graduated triumphantly with five first prizes, he continued his independent researches into Hindu music, Greek modes and plainsong.

In 1931 he began a long and happy engagement as organist at the Paris church of La Trinité, which continued until his death. With André Jolivet and others he was to found the group of young composers who called themselves 'La Jeune France'. It was a successor to earlier groupings like the notorious 'Six' and the 'Ecole d'Arcueil' (though Messiaen detested the work of Satie, which he found "completely pointless and without interest"). After imprisonment in a German concentration camp during the 1939-1945 War - which inspired Quatuor pour la fin du Temps - he became a teacher at the Conservatoire. His pupils included Pierre Boulez and the exceptionally gifted pianist Yvonne Loriod. She showed a particular brilliance in playing his music. Their artistic partnership was later confirmed by marriage after the death of his first wife.

By 1945 Messiaen had achieved an important place in French music. He was at once the cause of lively discussion and a potent influence on young composers of the time. The solid philosophical basis of his creative work, the intellectual force of his arguments and the unending quest for new elements to enrich his music made him a dominating figure. As a teacher he was never happier than when his students challenged his ideas (among them, Stockhausen and Xenakis). As a fervent Catholic he drew strength from the deep and tranquil assurance of an unshakeable faith. As a composer he had a tireless curiosity and open-mindedness which, allied to supreme technical skill, produced a body of work unique in French music. As a man he remained entirely unpretentious - did anyone ever see him wearing a tie? - devoted to his art and religion, scornful of politics and 'commitment', repelled by the horrors of modern technology, and firmly rooted in Nature.

© James Harding, 2001

Turangalîla-Symphonie

Messiaen's Turangalîla-Symphonie was commissioned by Serge Koussevitsky for the Boston Symphony Orchestra. It was composed between 1946 and 1948 and first performed in its complete version under Bernstein in December, 1949. It forms the second of three works which Messiaen wrote around that time, having as their central theme the myth of Tristram and Iseult - the other works being the song-cycle Harawi and the choral work Cinq Rechants. The works not only show an affinity in subject matter, but also in thematic ideas, especially Turangalîla and Cinq Rechants.

At that time, Messiaen was strongly influenced by the mythology and religious culture of various countries, especially India and Peru, as well as surrealist art and literature. Although Messiaen derives his influences from an extremely varied number of sources for these works, they nevertheless remain fully integrated in style and are absolutely typical of his music of this period. In addition, Turangalîla comes at the climax of a series of compositions - the Quatuor, Visions de l'Amen, Trois Petites Liturgies de la Présence divine and Vingt Regards sur l'Enfant Jésus - and develops the ideas and methods embodied in these works to extremes of complexity.

There is no narrative element in Turangalîla despite its dependence on the Tristram story -it is more like a vast musical painting, affording glimpses of a surrealistic dreamworld where love and death, pain and ecstasy or the sensuous world of lovers and the horrors of Edgar Allan Poe come together in stark contrast.

In addition to a normal orchestra of triple woodwind, brass (augmented by a trumpet in D and a cornet) and strings, Turangalîla calls for a large section of percussion and the addition of a piano part of almost solo proportions and an Ondes Martenot - an electronic instrument invented by Maurice Martenot in the 1920s, capable of playing only one note at a time, but nevertheless able to produce a wide range of unusual tone-colours. The combination of piano, glockenspiel, celesta, and vibraphone gives what the composer refers to as the 'gamelan' because of the association of its sound with that of Balinese orchestras. This, together with the Ondes Martenot, contributes to the unique tone-colours of the work. The piano furthermore, emerges as a solo instrument in a number of cadenzas which occur throughout the work.

The title Turangalîla, Messiaen tells us, is a combination of two Sanskrit words: lîla, meaning love, sport, amusement or play in the sense of divine action on the cosmos - the acts of creation, destruction, reconstruction, the play of life and death; and turanga, meaning time which flows, movement or rhythm. The significance of the word as a whole for Messiaen is 'a song of love' or 'a hymn to joy' - a superhuman and abandoned joy, a fatal, irresistible love, transcending all and suppressing all outside of itself.

The sharp contrasts of ideas in the work extend to the main themes themselves and are embodied in the first two cyclic themes. The first is the 'statue theme' (so called because it evokes for the composer the terrifying brutality of old Mexican monuments). This is announced near the beginning of the symphony on the trombones - a stark symbol of masculinity in its power and strength. The second is the flower theme (smoothly curved like the petals of an orchid) on the clarinets - feminine in its tender subtlety. A third cyclic theme is synthesised from the characteristics of these two germ themes; this is the theme of love which does not appear in its complete form until the sixth movement, Jardin du sommeil d'amour. Here it is simply stated on the strings and Ondes Martenot on which are superimposed quiet counter-melodies on the woodwind, birdsong on the piano and complex rhythmic talas on the percussion. It is entirely characteristic of Messiaen's compositional practice that ideas are assembled in superimposed and juxtaposed complexes, producing dynamic contrasts of colour and rhythm rather than the organic development one associates with the traditional symphony.

The ten movements of the symphony fall into three main groups, with the first movement standing on its own as an Introduction to the whole. It serves simply to raise the curtain, as it were, on the whole work and to offset the two germinal cyclic themes referred to above. The first main group of movements are the even numbered ones: II - Chant d'amour I ("Song of love I"), IV - Chant d'amour II, VI - Jardin du sommeil d'amour ("Garden of the sleep of love"). These movements, like those of the other groups, have an obvious stylistic connection in which the cyclic love theme and other closely associated themes are used. Although the love theme does not emerge in its fully-fledged form until the sixth movement, there are hints of it in the second and other ideas with strong affinities to it in the fourth. It is developed at length in the eighth -Développement de l'amour ("Development of love"), which Messiaen describes as forming a development section for the whole symphony. The tenth movement - Final - is thematically related to the first group in its use of the love theme, although it is closer in character to the scherzo-like fifth movement Joie du sang des étoiles ("Joy of the blood of the stars"), with which it forms the second main group. In this scherzo the symphony reaches its height of ecstasy. "In order to understand the extravagance of this piece" said Messiaen, "it must be understood that the union of true lovers is for them a transformation, and a transformation on a cosmic scale."

The third group - the third, seventh and ninth movements, simply bear the titles Turangalîla I, II and ///, respectively. Here we find the sinister elements in the work - the elements of death and of pain, as in the seventh movement, which Messiaen tells us were suggested by The Pit and the Pendulum, by Edgar Allan Poe. This movement occurs in stark and violent contrast to its predecessor - Jardin du sommeil d'amour. These three movements form the original core of the work; they were the first to be written (and performed), the others being added later. They also contain some of Messiaen's most complex experiments in rhythm up to that time. Turangalîla III is the most complex, consisting of a cumulative set of variations on the theme (stated at the beginning of the movement), each being superimposed on its predecessor until the movement comes to an abrupt halt at its most complex point.

© Robert Sherlaw Johnson, 1978

Цитата( Л.М. Кокорева. История зарубежной музыки )
Турангалила-симфония (1948) стала его единственной симфонией и симфонией весьма своеобразной, с двумя солирующими инструментами: фортепиано и «волнами Мартено». И все же это подлинная симфония, обладающая всеми важнейшими признаками жанра: она состоит из последовательности контрастных по характеру и тематизму частей, которые объединены сквозными темами, и в ней присутствует довольно редкое для творчества Мессиана интенсивное развитие тем. Сам Мессиан охарактеризовал ее как «одно из самых мелодичных, вдохновенных, красочных и богатых находками своих сочинений». Кроме того, она обращена к Человеку и в этом смысле наследует гуманистическую линию симфонизма Бетховена, Берлиоза, Брукнера, Малера.

Образный и символический смысл симфонии зашифрован в ее названии. Как объяснил сам композитор, в слове Турангалила, заимствованного из индийского санскрита, заложено множество значений: «лила - это игра, но игра в смысле божественного действия в космосе, игра созидания и разрушения, игра жизни и смерти. Лила - это еще и любовь.... Туранга - это бегущее, словно скачущий конь, время... Это также движение и ритм. Турангалила - песня любви, гимн радости, движению, ритму жизни и смерти». И еще один комментарий композитора: «Турангалила-симфония - это симфония любви и смерти - индийский вариант Тристана и Изольды».

Турангалила — монументальная десятичастная симфония длительностью в 1 час 20 минут. Она написана для тройного состава оркестра с расширенной группой ударных и, как уже отмечалось, с двумя солирующими инструментами. Солирующее фортепиано в дальнейшем будет присутствовать едва ли не во всех оркестровых сочинениях Мессиана, как и расширенная группа ударных инструментов.
Архитектоника симфонии весьма своеобразна, ибо в ней имеет место повторение названий частей и повторение образно-смысловых контрастов. I. Интродукция, II. Первая песнь любви, III. Турангалила, IV. Вторая песнь любви, V. Кровавое ликование звезд, VI. Сад сна любви, VII. Вторая Турангалила, VIII. Развитие любви, IX. Третья Турангалила, X. Финал.

Как видно из перечисления названий частей, все четные части воплощают главную тему симфонии - тему любви, которая раскрыта как возвышенная медитативная сфера, наиболее богатая в мелодическом плане. Три Турангалилы посвящены теме игры жизни и смерти и контрастируют медитативным образам  грозным драматическим характером.  Центр симфонии и ее первая кульминация - V часть - Кровавое ликование звезд. Вторая кульминация и итоговое обобщение всей симфонии находятся в Финале. Обе эти части решены в жанре двух гигантских скерцо. Однако различные образные сферы в общей структуре симфонии переплетаются, обусловливая контрасты внутри частей. С этой особенностью мессиановской драматургии связана предусмотренная автором возможность сокращенного исполнения симфонии, о чем заявлено в комментарии к партитуре. Композитор предложил три варианта: III, IV и V части, или III, VII и IX (три Турангалилы), или VI, II, IV.

Через всю симфонию проходят четыре лейттемы, выделенные и названные самим Мессианом: тема статуи, тема цветка, тема любви, тема аккордов (тема статуи проходит в I, IV, V, VII, VIII частях, тема цветка - в I, IV, VIII, тема любви - во II, VI, VIII, X, тема аккордов - во II, VII, VIII, X частях).

Тема статуи (ц. 2 партитуры) в аккордовом изложении поручена тромбонам и низким духовым, звучит всегда fortissimo, рельефно выделяясь во всех частях, где она встречается. По ремарке композитора, ее «фатальный, устрашающий характер в духе древних мексиканских монументов». Отсюда и ее название.

Тема цветка (ц. 9 партитуры), очень лаконичная, поручена двум кларнетам pianissimo, она олицетворяет, по замыслу автора, «нежную орхидею, красный гладиолус, гибкий вьюнок». Темы статуи и тема цветка представляют характерные, чисто мессиановские образные сферы, знакомые и по Рождеству Господнему, по Квартету на конец света: грозную, драматическую и отрешенно созерцательную, медитативную.

Тема любви - это комплекс лирических тем, звучащих в разных частях. Интонационная основа их варьируется, но сохраняются темп Lento и тембр солирующей скрипки и «волн Мартено», излагающих мелодию в унисон с аккордовым сопровождением.

Тема аккордов, по ремарке композитора, «это, скорее, не тема, а материал для разнообразных звуковых фонов. Она может быть брошена в низкие регистры в виде тяжелых темных скоплений, либо рассеяна в отдельных штрихах и легких арпеджио».

Формы частей складываются из чередования нескольких тематических блоков (иногда контрастных, иногда развивающегося типа), которые при повторении подвергаются варьированию.

Турангалила-симфония продолжает линию французского симфонизма в плане колористической красочности, картинной звукописи. Симфония изобилует тембровыми находками. Широко используются ударные, часто имитирующие яванский гамелан. Особую организующую роль в симфонии играют фортепианные каденции. Краска солирующего фортепиано рельефно выделяется на фоне оркестрового звучания: в Интродукции каденция подготавливает звучание центрального раздела; в IV части каденция служит связкой между репризой и кодой; в V - фортепиано вступает перед генеральной кульминацией; каденцией открывается VII часть.

Интересен эстетико-стилевой синтез Турангалилы: это и многокрасочная, ликующая импрессионистическая симфония, и симфония романтическая (ее называют современной Фантастической), и симфония «фовистская» с диковатым заклинательным началом, «варварскими» ритуальными плясками, идущими от Весны священной Стравинского.

Турангалила стала вехой не только в творчестве самого композитора как его первое монументальное симфоническое произведение, но и в области всего симфонизма XX века. Новизна в подходе к самой концепции жанра симфонии, оригинальный оркестровый стиль, находки в области формы и процесса развертывания тематического материала оказали огромное влияние на творчество младших современников Мессиана.

Очень резкие противопоставления любви и смерти. Тема статуи - резкие тяжелые звуки медных. А вот тема любви, она очень красивая, а Сад любви только ей и наполнен, такая очень нежная, немного грустная мелодия. Стравинского действительно много, но как-то никто не отмечает, Кровавое ликование, а затем Развитие любви темы из Порги и Рапсодии Гершвина несут.
Богатая 4-х канальная запись получилась. Расширенный набор инструментов на стерео ну совсем уныло выглядит. На МК глубина ясно прорабатывается, а уж удары стеком, можно четко место показать, где он. Немножко близко микрофоны на фронте поставили, затухание с глубиной повышенное. А так, отличная запись, 30 лет – не срок. Из минусов еще: при старте диск начинает играть сразу от загрузки, но в стерео, а перебраться в МК можно только через меню (это про Аудио сторону). Ну и фоновых картинок никаких, а под Мессиана вполне можно было что-нибудь сюрровое подобрать.

Музыка – 10
Запись – 8
Многоканальность - 9
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic